View QAS Postcode Update Procedures NatEx
QAS Postcode Update Procedures (NatEx)
Procedures for Updating of QAS PostCode data
for Hudson applications at NX Dot2Dot
- Version installed: QuickAddress Pro API V6.03
- QAS PostCode data is updated and shipped to NX (Dave Brown) quarterly.
- If new update is not installed, QAS will cease to function, when the data set expires.
- QAS should provide 30 day advance notice (when doing lookups) of data set expiration.
- QAS PostCode data updates are supplied on CD ROM.
- CD’s contain entirely new replacement data sets, not just updates.
- Easiest (for Hudson) if CD files can be copied to Network Resource (such as \\Nexaspr01\natex\Updates\QAS)
- QAS Data updates do not require machine restart.
Updates should be applied to the following Hudson Resources on Dot2Dot:
- DR (Pre-production) Application Server (NESASDR01/10.20.38.20) - good place to test the update process first.
- App Server (NEXASPR01/10.20.34.20)
- Citrix 1 (NEXTSPR01/10.20.34.80)
- Citrix 2 (NEXTSPR02/10.20.34.81)
QAS Online Support: http://www.qas.com/uk/support/default.asp
Most QAS online resources require registration. You do not have to have a client id or any special product information in order to register. Registration will permit you access to much of the online documentation at the QAS site.
Also helps (but not generally required) to have copy of letter that is shipped with QAS Disks.
NOTE: These are the abbreviated instructions, assuming that the CD’s have been copied to a network resource before beginning. ALSO - these instructions do not apply to Concentra, web, or kiosk postcode updates which may also be required.
- Login to machine to be updated
- Browse to the Network resource where CD files have been copied. (ex: \\Nexaspr01\natex\Updates\QAS )
- Select and launch the Setup.exe application.
- Data Install Shield Wizard will launch. Select the Setup Language. Default is English (International).
- License Terms are displayed. Click NEXT to accept and continue.
- Select Installation Mode: Update Existing Data (default).
- Select Disks: The information you have purchased and are updating is generally specified in the letter that came with the update disks (see key points above). Select as appropriate by clicking:
- a. QuickAddress DataPlus Data for United Kingdom (GBR DataPlus)
- Select Programs: QuickAddress Pro API V6.03 (click to select/highlight in blue and then select NEXT) Note: There should be only a single QAS installation path or directory found. If multiple installation paths are found the QAS data updates may be applied to the wrong location(s).
- Choose Destination Location: Default Location (Rcommended) NOTE: The Destination folder at the bottom of the window should display something similar to: C:\Program Files\QAS\Data\GBR.### where ### will equal the number of times the data has been updated in the past; .002, 003, .004, etc.
- Confirm Datasets: QuickAddress GBR Address Data
- Start Copying Files: Review current settings before copying begins. Click NEXT to begin data update.
- Four files are written to the QAS\Data\GBR.### folder during the update process. As the files are being updated, check and note the value of the GBR.### folder (ex: GBR.004 - this number will be referenced in a future step and could be useful in troubleshooting). The files copied to the GBR.### folder will be:
- Install Wizard Complete. You will usually be prompted to Install Documentation and View the Data Changes Sheet. Click NEXT to proceed. Review the data changes.
- Click Finish to complete and close the Install Shield Wizard
- You should now open HWeb Agent and do a test reservation to ensure that the PostCode data has been updated. In the letter that is shipped with the data CD’s will be a new or unique address that was included in the dataset. You can test to ensure the address is present in the PostCode lookup interface. Enter the postcode identified in the letter into the Postcode field in HWeb Agent. Then use the mouse to click the Binocular (search) icon.
- The Quick Address Search results window should display a single match for the postcode entered.
- These screens indicate that your postcode data has been updated successfully. NOTE: The postcode entered here may not be valid for actual booking in the Dot2Dot system….but you have verified that the QAS database has been successfully updated
- Now…go and repeat the process for each of the machines identified at the top of these instructions that require the data updates.
Updating the Database also updates the QAWSERVE.INI file located in the QAS application folder. This is the file that indicates the current dataset that is being used. You can browse to and open the ini file and confirm that the most recent data update was recorded here.
The ini file may be opened with Notepad or other generic text editor. The section highlighted in blue will display the incremental GBR.### data set that was just updated. It should match the value noted and recorded in step 12 above.
These instructions are meant to supplement and not replace official instructions supplied by QAS.
They were prepared by:
The Hudson Group
29 February 2008