View HWeb VIA
HWeb VIA (Vehicle Information and Auto-location), is an
enhanced functionality to
versatile HWeb Dispatcher application. HWeb VIA assists dispatchers to more
efficiently manage fleet resources and allows more effective and timely routing
of vehicles and drivers. It is now possible to view the precise location of a
single vehicle, or the entire fleet, in real-time. HWeb VIA Features Use a
HotKey in HWeb Dispatcher to load a local/regional map displaying the current,
real-time location of ALL vehicles in your fleet.
- From a Vehicle grid, you are able to place your mouse over a single, pair, or highlighted list of vehicles and with a mouse click (or HotKey) you are able to map the vehicles, opening a full screen map display of the region and see the current location of all selected vehicles.
- From a Trip grid, you are able to place your mouse on any single trip or multiple trips and with a mouse click (or HotKey) you are able to display a map, showing all stops and/or pickup locations of the trip(s), along with the current, real-time location of the vehicle and driver.
- From a reservation grid, you are able to place your mouse on any single reservation or multiple reservations and with a mouse click (or HotKey) you are able to display a map, showing all stops and/or pickup locations of the trip(s), along with the current, real-time location of the vehicle and driver.
- Web interface - Provides multiple vehicle management and historical vehicle tracking
- Local interface - Provides real-time vehicle location along with pickup location mapping
The web interface currently setup and maintained by the Hudson Tech Support staff.
The local interface is currently managed by your inhouse "HWeb expert".
First the HWeb expert must obtain the GPS URL from either your account rep or Hudson tech support. This URL must be entered under Tools\Configuration\Advanced Features\System Profiles in the field called: DEVICE MAPPING CONNECTION.
Secondly, this expert will need to add the SerialNumbers from the GPS units into each corresponding vehicle name in the HWeb system. This is done under Tools\Configuration\Vehicles. Then on each vehicle there is a DISPATCH tab, under this tab add the SerialNumber the EXTERNAL LINK.
This expert should also be able to build menues and/or hot keys in order to map the vehicles. Below is brief tutorial on the hotkey setup. Setup of custom menues are very similar, if assistance is required, please contact Hudson Tech Support.
For this example, we are going to set F9 to be a vehicle mapping key. Go to Tools\Configuration\Hotkeys/Fastinfo. From the menu on the left, Click File/Add new Hot Key/Fast Info. Now on the right hand side, change RECORD TYPE to "Dispatcher hot keys", set the SHIFT /CONTROL TYPE to "None", FUNCTION KEY to "F9", FUNCTION to "Display map" and into FUNCTION PARAMETERS type MAPVEH Press UPDATE and then SAVE CHANGES TO DB.
Close tool, press F11 and now F9 will display a map and the vehicle when launched from a vehicle grid, and reservation and vehicle information when launched from a trip or reservation grid.