View How do I add a Fuel Surcharge to a Web Reservation System
How do I add a Fuel Surcharge to a Web Reservation System
NOTE: This information is for the web-based reservation system. For directions on adding a fuel surcharge to the local office system (HWeb Agent), please click HERE and you will be taken to the appropriate article.
Enable the surcharge for the desired service types.
- From the main utility menu, select Service Configuration (1-3)
- Locate the row labeled: Service surcharge charge type
- For the services you wish to apply the surcharge to, select the manner in which the surcharge is to be calculated:
- Fixed: Applies the surcharge value to each reservation, regardless of passenger count.
- Fixed per Passenger: Applies the surcharge value to each passenger on the reservation.
- Percent: Applies the surcharge value as a percentage of the base fare.
- Percent (rounded): Same as number 3 above, but rounds the surcharge value to the nearest whole dollar amount.
- Percent (rounded up): Same as number 3 above, but rounds the surcharge value up to the next highest whole dollar amount..
- Locate the next row labeled Service surcharge. Enter the number value of the surcharge. DO NOT include $, %, or other symbols.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the UPDATE button.
- Repeat steps 1-4 above for each of the other Service Configuration screens where you wish to apply the fuel surcharge.