View How to specify a single airline inside a group portal
How to display a single airline inside a portal
There may be times when you need to create a group portal that will capture flight information but you want to override the traditional drop list of airlines and specify a single airline only. A good example of this would be if the portal were for airline flight crew transport, or for transportation services that are being arranged for or paid for by a specific airline or perhaps a portal for passengers of a charter airline.
- Create an additional Miscellaneous Airport e.g. BOS
- Create an xxxairlines.csv file for that airport, but list the single airline(s) you want to have displayed or selected (e.g. Spirit Air)). Replace xxx in the file name with the 3 letter airport designator (e.g. bosairlines.csv)
- Open the Group Profile on the Web and locate the “Options” tab.
- Insert the following PGH string:
PGH=AIRLINEKEY:XXX (where xxx is replaced with the first 3 letters of the airlines.csv file created above. (e.g BOS)
- If you want to control the Airports that are listed in the Group Portal, you can unhide a hidden airport or hide other defaulted airports (see Part 2 below).
If the steps above have been followed properly, when users login to the specified portal, they should only see the airline(s) listed in bosairlines.csv, regardless of the airport selected.
The section below is an excerpt from a larger article on Airport Display Management. Please follow the link to this article to see the entire process.
Up a Hidden Airport in a Portal
To call up a hidden airport in a portal you will need to add a code string to the WEB EDITED OPTIONS field in the WEB UTILITY/GROUP CONFIGURATION. The code is as follows:
Where zzz is the airport code for
the hidden airport that you want to display in the portal.
Hiding a Global Airport in a Portal
To hide a global airport in a portal you will need to add a code string to the WEB EDITED OPTIONS field in the WEB UTILITY/GROUP CONFIGURATION. The code is as follows:
Where xxx is the airport code for the global airport that you want to hide in a portal.