View Hudson Web Workspace
Hudson Web Workspace
Hudson Web Workspace
What is a Hudson
The Hudson web reservation system is designed to be maintained with a standard web browser. While any web browser will work to configure your Hudson web system, setting up a Hudson Web Workspace will allow you to work with greater efficiency, have access to a built-in HTML authoring tool (used for making links) and more easily troubleshoot your system should you encounter any issues.
The Hudson Web Workspace uses the Mozilla browser, which is available as a free download, and setting up a workspace using Mozilla will not effect the use of your current default web.
Downloading & Installing Mozilla
- Print this page (so you have the instructions)
- Go to: http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/
- At the top right, select WINDOWS ENGLISH from the green DOWNLOAD NOW box.
- When the FILE DOWNLOAD window appears select RUN. If you get a security warning, again select RUN.
- After the INSTALLER downloads some files select RUN if offered.
- At the SETUP TYPE window, select COMPLETE installation.
- QUICK LAUNCH may or may not be selected when offered.
- When prompted to set Mozilla as your default browser, select NO.
Configuring Your Hudson Web Workspace
- Open Mozilla
- Navigate to your Hudson web reservation system welcome page (the page with the ONEWAY and ROUNDTRIP buttons). Hint: If you have this page bookmarked as a FAVORITE in IE you will note that all of your IE FAVORITES have been imported into Mozilla and can be found in BOOKMARKS/IMPORTED IE FAVORITES.
- Copy the URL to your Hudson welcome page from the navigation address bar at the top of the browser.
- Hold down the CTRL key and press the letter "T" at the same time (CTRL + T). Paste the copied URL into the blank navigation address bar and then press ENTER on your keyboard.
- When the page loads the end of
the URL will look like this: .../res
Add the letters "util" so the end of the URL looks like this: .../resutil , and then press ENTER on your keyboard.
- You now have two tabs. Copy the complete address from the newest tab, press CTRL + T to create a third tab. Paste the address from tab 2 into the navigation address bar for tab three. Press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Press CTRL + T once more to create a fourth tab. In the navigation address bar copy and paste this address, http://www.thehudsongroup.com/howto/websupport.htm ,and press ENTER on your keyboard.
- Go to BOOKMARKS and select the 3rd option from the top BOOKMARK THIS GROUP OF TABS. When the FILE BOOKMARK window appears enter HUDSON WEB WORKSPACE in the NAME field and then click OK.
Using Your Hudson Web Workspace
When you want to access your Hudson Web Workspace, open Mozilla, go to BOOKMARKS and click HUDSON WEB WORKSPACE.
You should have four tabs. Tab 1 (far left) should be the retail view of your Hudson web system, tabs 2 and 3 will be WEB UTILITY views, and tab 4 is a link to Hudson Web Support.