View Importing Fares in Hudson Local System
How to Import Fares in the Hudson Local System
Fare files are created and maintained externally to the Hudson applications. This is done most easily via any one of the commonly used spreadsheet applications including Microsoft Excel, Open Office Calc, and others. Fare files are always saved in *.CSV (Comma Separated Value) format. We will assume for the sake of this article that you have already created and saved a fare file and now wish to import to your "local" system (HWeb Agent, Dispatcher and Admin) applications.
1) Open HWeb Utilities
2) Select Functions > Import Fare Table
3) Browse to the folder where fare files are stored; typically HWeb \ CSV’s - click OPEN
4) Warning Message: Do you wish to append the existing Fares2 table (NO WILL CLEAR THE TABLE FIRST)?
When you select "yes" above, you are taking and upating the master database but only with the single file being imported (ex: bosfares.csv). No other fares are updated at the time of import. When you select "no" above, the master database is wiped clean before you import the next fare.csv file. Generally, you ALWAYS SAY YES at this time. The easy way to remember this:
5) The import process will be displayed. When finished a message will be displayed indicating the number of records imported.
6) Repeat the process, for other fare tables, if other tables have been updated.
For instructions on how to upload these same fare files to the web system, please review the following KnowledgeBase Article.