View Login Failed for User Not Associated with a trusted SQL Server Connection
Login Failed for User; Reason: Not Associated with a Trusted SQL Server Connection
Login failed for user "USERNAME-HERE." Reason: Not associated with a trusted SQL Server connection.
This error most commonly occurs when using SQL authentication, rather than Windows Authentication. There are a few reasons to use SQL authentication rather than Windows:
- Client is not runnig a domain
- Network contains PC’s running Windows98
- Go to Enterprise Manager.
- Right Click on Server Name
- Select Properties
- Go to Security Tab
- Set authentication to SQL Server and Windows