What is Departure Delay and How Do I Use It and Configure It?
Used on Departure or outbound reservations only, Departure delay is the amount of time ahead of the flight departure that clients should be arriving at the airport. For example: Clients should be deposited at Boston Logan Airport 90 minutes prior to a domestic flight departure in order to have ample time to check luggage, get a boarding pass, clear security, etc. We say that the Departure Delay in this case is 90 minutes. This time can be set in both the local and web based reservation systems, so that client pickup times can be calculated properly to allow arrival at the airport 90 minutes prior to departure.
Local System (HWeb Agent)
To change the departure delay in the local software:
- Open HWeb Agent
- Select TOOLS - CONFIGURATION - FARE AND SERVICES
- Select the tab labeled ‘Airports/Major Ports’
- On this tab locate Domestic Departure Delay and International Departure Delay. Set these times per airport/cruise terminal according to local requirements. Domestic and International settings will most likely be different.
Web System (HWeb Reservations Manager)
- Login to your online reservation utility page
- Select "Airport Configuration"
- Locate the section: Flight Type Settings
- Edit the Domestic and International Departure Delay Settings. Set these times per airport/cruise terminal according to local
requirements. Domestic and International settings will most likely be
- Be sure to press the UPDATE button at the bottom of the page to save your changes.